6.07.2010

I had an amazing salad for lunch today. It had romaine, cherry tomatoes, white cheddar cheese, carrots, croutons, avocado, and blue cheese dressing.

I've done all of the reading for assignment 5, now I just have to write a five page essay on my experience reading Herbert, Jonson, Philips, Herrick, and Vaughan, their ability with different poetic forms, and which one I like most. I also get to write a 500 word essay from the viewpoint of the addressee behind Donne's "The Flea" and "Holy Sonnet 14," answering the poet. Joy. I really wish I had taken this class as an actual class and not as distance learning.

Also, I'm going to my friend's wedding on Saturday. I haven't been to a wedding in ages, and am not sure how I feel about people my age getting married. I imagine it is going to happen a lot over the next few years, though.

Also, I joined the Czech Folk Dance group that my parents have been in for years and that I was in the teen version of. First practice is tonight, we'll see how it goes. My partner just graduated from high school, I just graduated from college, so this could be interesting. My parents keep offering to dance with me for a while so I'll have the chance to dance with an experienced partner for at least a little while. They also have been giving me advice on how to do pivots properly (a skill that they are still working on, I think), and the different kinds of holds necessary for the different partnered moves. I think they might be more worried for me than I am. It's been a long time since I've done that kind of partnering and I've never had one consistent partner before, so tonight could be an adventure. A good adventure, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment